To complete the BSN program, you must fulfill certain pre-nursing requirements. To find out the pre-nursing course requirements, visit our Pre-Nursing Program web page.
Beginning with Fall 2013 applications, the ATI TEAS V exam is a required part of the application for admission to the Concordia University Texas BSN program. While the Concordia BSN program has not set a minimum score for the TEAS V, students receive points based on their total score.
Next TEAS V exam dates:
April 22 | 1:00 - 4:30 pm | 11400 Concordia University Dr., Rm D-131
Please email Nancy Linenschmidt (email@example.com) to sign up.
General Admission Requirements
- a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the prerequisite natural science courses (please see detailed admission requirements)
- a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 overall
- work/volunteer experience that reflects commitment to the well-being of others
- evidence of leadership roles in extracurricular or employment activities
- personal essay describing why the student seeks a BSN (instructions included in the Nursing Application Checklist)
- three letters of recommendation (instructions included on the Nursing Application Checklist)
- American Heart Association CPR certification from the “Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers” course
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V) Individual Performance Profile – page one only. If you took the TEAS V twice submit both profiles. The TEAS V must have been taken within one year of the nursing application submission date.
Once all required application materials have been received by the Nursing Program, the application is reviewed and evaluated by the Nursing Faculty. Please download and print the Nursing Application Checklist for a complete list of all required materials.
Concordia students can apply for the Nursing Program during the second semester of their sophomore year, after speaking to their College of Science academic advisor.
Transfer students must complete the following steps:
- Complete the Application for Undergraduate Admission for Concordia University Texas online, including the $25 application fee. Admission to Concordia University does not guarantee admission to the Concordia University Nursing Program.
- Submit official copy of college transcripts to: Office of Admissions, Concordia University Texas, 11400 Concordia University Drive, Austin, TX 78726. We must have a transcript for every college you have attended. Please request immediately as it may take up to six weeks for transcripts to be sent. If any transcripts are from a foreign institution, an official AACRAO Foreign Education Credential Service evaluation must be completed and included in the Supplemental Nursing Application Packet. When you provide an official AACRAO Foreign Education Credential Service evaluation, your original transcript is not required. For more information please visit the AACRAO website. Please note: This process could take several weeks.
- Once accepted to the university, your Transfer Admissions Counselor will evaluate your previous coursework. If you are in the final semester of completing nursing prerequisite course requirements, or have completed them, your Transfer Admissions Counselor will give you the link to the Nursing Program Online Application. The nursing application should be completed online. The personal essay and three letters of recommendation should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 512-313-2514, or mailed to the Nursing Program: Attention Nancy Linenschmidt, Concordia University Texas, 11400 Concordia University Drive, Austin, TX 78726
Please contact admissions with any questions: 800-865-4282 or by email at email@example.com
Fall Semester: May 15 (early decision April 15)
Spring Semester: November 1 (early decision October 1)
If you would like to be considered for our Early Decision Program, then all nursing application materials must be submitted to the Nursing Program 30 days prior to the posted deadline for the semester you are applying. If you meet the early decision deadline you will receive an admission decision from the Nursing Program earlier than the usual notification date. The regular decision notification date is typically four weeks following the posted deadline.
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V)
The TEAS V exam will be offered on the main Concordia campus. Students will pay $35 online by credit or debit card at the time they take the exam. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the exam.
Preparing for the TEAS V
Preparing for the TEAS V is very important. Nursing research tells us that applicants scoring high on pre-nursing standardized tests are quite likely to be successful in nursing school. The Concordia BSN program strongly encourages applicants to order the study manual and take the two practice exams described at http://www.atitesting.com/Solutions/PreNursingSchool/TEAS.aspx. Applicants will find:
- Learning Strategies: Your Guide to Classroom and Test-Taking Success
- TEAS V Study Guide ($46 + Shipping & Handling)
- TEAS Online Practice Assessments ($39 each; OR order TEAS V Study Guide and 2 online practice Assessments for $92.00 + Shipping & Handling)
- TEAS Transcripts
Only a few applicants “naturally” are able to sit for the TEAS V and earn high scores. Most applicants practice answering questions using a timer. Why?
- The TEAS V has a time limit of 209 minutes with four-option multiple choice questions
- Reading is 58 minutes with 48 questions
- Mathematics is 51 minutes with 34 questions
- Science is 66 minutes with 54 questions
- English and Language Usage is 34 minutes with 34 questions
Back to Top